Who sampled who?

droid

Hmm... not too sure about how reliable it is...

For acen:

Close Your Eyes (Optikonfusion!) (1992) sampled LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)

(which was sampled on Life & Crimes of a Ruffneck if I'm right...)

Destination Unknown (2003) sampled by Alex Gaudino feat. Crystal Waters on Destination Calabria (2006)

I would make this a remix, deffo not sampled as the artist of the original and the remake is the same.

Day 'n' Nite (2008) sampled by Nessbeal on La Salade (Amnesia) (2009)

James Brown Is Dead (1991) sampled by Scooter on Call Me Mañana (1998)

Replayed, definitely not sampled...

Paranoimia (Single Version) (1986) sampled Tears for Fears's Shout (1985)

Ouch.. pretty sure that's a drum computer (at least on AON).......

In other words: they're running into the same problems we have... determining what's the actual source and how to call it...

Said that, the site looks very nice with all the clips! And if we can nick something, please do. But make sure the info is right...

Hmm... not too sure about how reliable it is...

For acen:

Close Your Eyes (Optikonfusion!) (1992) sampled LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)

(which was sampled on Life & Crimes of a Ruffneck if I'm right...)

Don't like corrections but that's right isn't it? As in "Bombers, Bombers, I'm ready, I think I'm Gonna..." Overdose!

1m34s

Haven't looked at that site, but I've always preferred this one to be more reliable...

Im not saying it could replace RDB (perish the thought) - its far to general anyway. It is handy as it provides clips for comparison though, and Im surprised it had any jungle/HC on there at all considering that most sample sites are so shit.

Hmm... okay, was wrong about the Acen sample (well, I'm on holiday and didn't bother to look it up...).

And as said, the way it works with clips is nice. Downside is that youtube will probably remove vids at some point... (and that's a shame).

And with every sample site, you'll find out something usefull...

• 1 year later...