nas and lauryn hill - "If I ruled the world" bootl

geist

ok the 'fugees boot' thread, combined with the fact that I'm going thru my white labels, made me check and listen on this tune I got a few of years ago (at least 3 years old)

I checked under artist, cat#, and track title and don't see it, so here is the info

The etchings say "DTX 002 A" on once side, and "DTX 002 AA" on the other side. There are no other etchings whatsoever. It's a white label.

Side A - the song is a very steppy simple tune. Basically a two step beat no real interesting break. Techy in a not-dark, peppy and jumpy way. Has a pitched down voice saying something like "bass exclusive" or something.

Side AA - this is a jungle mix, very jump up sounding, of Nas + Lauryn Hill's "If I ruled the world". The intro is the beat plus lauryn crooning a wordless melody, interspersed with nas' voice dropping echoed phrases like "strike like cobra" and "better find out, before ... time's out".

Then the middle of the track drops into the "if i ruled the world" lyric, complete with nas adding in phrases ("Imagine that" and "still livin' today", etc)

The main beat drops again on "walk" in "and then we'll walk right up to the sun"

...besides the etchings and a description of the song itself that's all i have to offer, but it's definitely a dnb mix of the "if i ruled the world" song

• 1 year later...