97 Dark "Dred Bass" style Bass tune

vetoe13

Hey, I'm new to the board. I was hoping someone on here can help me out. The tune I've been on the hunt for came out circa 97' at least that's what I think. What set it aside from others was the fact that it used a "Dred Bass"/ "Warp bass" style synth. It was real dark and had some crazy tearing amens especially for 97'. It starts out with just the hi-hat, kick drum and menacing pads for the build up. There's a sample of a female going "ahhhhhhhhh...." I remember hearing it played out a bunch back then and I once saw a DJ playing it at a house party. I never asked what the tune was ( really regret that). I think the record sticker was yellow and may have had a small rooster in black on it. I could be mistaken. It might be a release from the states. I actually have part of the tune on tape. If I can convert it over one of these days I will. Until then, please can anyone sort me out on this. I'd really appreciate it!

Northern Connexion - Reel funk

Thanks, but that is not it. The bass is kinda close if there was more of a "Warp" tone to it. It's a lot darker and I still think it came out around 97'. crazy amens,editing, just a disgusting tine. I'm guessing it's not from the UK considering the overall sound of the tune and when it came out. Maybe USA, German....I will hopefully get that soundclip up one of these days when I get a tape converter. Thanks though!

Thanks, but that is not it. The bass is kinda close if there was more of a "Warp" tone to it. It's a lot darker and I still think it came out around 97'. crazy amens,editing, just a disgusting tine. I'm guessing it's not from the UK considering the overall sound of the tune and when it came out. Maybe USA, German....I will hopefully get that soundclip up one of these days when I get a tape converter. Thanks though!

Sounds that warp bass like in Dead Dred - Dred Bass on Moving shadow?

Sounds that warp bass like in Dead Dred - Dred Bass on Moving shadow?

yes that style of synth. I'm gonna be purchasing a ion tape2 pc converter soon and hopefully that will shed some light. I have never come a across a record with a small black chicken or rooster on it before. If I remember correctly that is record this tune is on. Anyone know of a record with that on it.

yes that style of synth. Thinking about it a better way to put it.... the synth line actually sounds more like the one used in the remix of "Super Sharp Shooter" I'm gonna be purchasing a ion tape2 pc converter soon and hopefully that will shed some light. I have never come a across a record with a small black chicken or rooster on it before. If I remember correctly that is record this tune is on. Anyone know of a record with that on it.