DJ Trax - High Time (Highway To Hitchin Mix) [Moving Shadow]
D.J. Redoo - Life On The Edge [Smokin' Drum]
Jumping Jack Frost - Osmosis (DJ Ratty Remix) [Formation]
Jumping Jack Frost - Say [Formation]
Stuck To Your Lips - Gold Teet (Bad Bwoy) [Stuck To Your Lips]
DJ Hype - Roll The Beats (Inject The Bass Mix) [Suburban Base]
Subnation - Scottie III (Remix) [Future Vinyl]
FBD Project - Journeys [Bang-In Tunes]
Hyper On Experience - Lords Of The Null Lines (Foul Play featuring DJ Randall Remix) [Moving Shadow - SHADOW30R2]
Higher Sense - Cold Fresh Air [Liftin' Spirit]
Q Project - Champion Sound (Alliance Remix) [Legend - LEG006]
Ramos, Supreme & Sunset Regime - Crowd Control (Slipmatt Remix) [Hectic]
Brisk & Intense - Get Live (Stu J Remix) [Man From Uncle]
Hyper-On Experience - Monarch Of The Glenn [Moving Shadow]
Mental Bombin' - Wicked Style [Smokin' Drum]

Would this be considered a rare set?!?!

Bassface Sascha was one of the DJs booked from Germany to play one of the nights at Club Kinetic around mid-1995. I was there that night, they played Jungle - which wasn't over with the crowd in Stoke at this point, I think everyone was expecting a Digital (it may have even been a Digital night, one of their infamous harder Techno-mannered nights..??) type Harder style Hardcore/Techno set, ala Loftgroover, HMS types..

In the end I think one of them boycotted the last set possibly Sascha himself (??), having seen the delusion with the crowd not wanting to hear German DJs play Jungle and DJ Dream (not sure if originally booked, or had played earlier a warm up set? Can't remember everything, so long ago!!) stepped up as a last minute replacement and played a typical bouncy set as the crowd were deserting the dancefloor in droves!

Anyway, nostalgia blast!

It's also occurred to me you must be responsible for compiling at least 70% of the Internet tracklistings for Hardcore/Jungle over many years. Unbelievable feat really, your knowledge of our Scene from early '90s to late over multiple sub-genres is quite sensational, you should have a plaque of some sort done for you! Cheers to you :D

I've only found a few 1993/94 jungle and hardcore sets from Germany online before. I wonder how many of the sets played by the UK DJs at Club XS and Milk Club were recorded as Hype, Ray Keith, Kemistry & Storm, Ellis Dee etc all played there? 

Interesting to read your memories of that Kinetic night. Was it this Euphoria night at Kinetic on 16th June 1995? I remember it was mentioned in Eternity magazine that they planned to release tape packs from the Euphoria nights at Kinetic and Pleasuredome, but assume they didn't end up getting released.

1911333b3b2f6af636bd123a361685fc84f45412

6 hours ago, jj said:

I've only found a few 1993/94 jungle and hardcore sets from Germany online before. I wonder how many of the sets played by the UK DJs at Club XS and Milk Club were recorded as Hype, Ray Keith, Kemistry & Storm, Ellis Dee etc all played there? 

Interesting to read your memories of that Kinetic night. Was it this Euphoria night at Kinetic on 16th June 1995? I remember it was mentioned in Eternity magazine that they planned to release tape packs from the Euphoria nights at Kinetic and Pleasuredome, but assume they didn't end up getting released.

1911333b3b2f6af636bd123a361685fc84f45412

Yes, that was the one. I think only 2 of the German DJs played - I can't remember which ones. I think Bassface Sascha may have been last on as he appears to be the "higher billing" on the flyer. I may be mistaken as obviously it was a long time ago now, but I think Brisk, Sy and Vibes all played first to allow the German DJs to be 'showcased' later (???). I know for a fact that whichever one it was either boycotted playing their set or agreed not to play (I have no idea if this cost the promoters money?!) and DJ Dream filled in, the club had had enough of the Jungle - although personally I never really cared because I loved Happy Hardcore, Jungle or Techno/Acid back then. But by this stage the crowd was thinning big time, I do remember it. I think the German DJs were disappointed by the crowd and maybe expected UK crowds to be more 'open-minded' and reciprocating of their Jungle sets, which they were known for...Doc Tom had Jungle style releases on Riot Beat, Alec Empire et al - so it was known they made Jungle with Breakcore sort of stuff, but also....maybe the promoters should have been clear they were booking them for Techno-orientated sets, bit of a cock up all round really.

XS in Frankfurt and The Milk! Club in Mannheim are considered the germinating places for Breakbeat Hardcore and later Jungle in Germany. (There were smaller crews in Berlin, Cologne and Hamburg). Bryan G was playing in 1992 at Milk!. Marc Spoon and Alex Azary were involved in the XS and they offered the Milk! crew to play at XS and they all dove back and forth from 1992 - 1993. It's not that far, only an hour by bus.

I know that there are a few recordings from XS and Milk! but i think most of them would've been uploaded already by Shar-Pei if they were plentiful. So good luck finding more. I've seen some smaller snippets on Soundcloud where people wanted ID's from unknown sets, but i'm not sure if they took it from their personal tapes or from mistagged sets on the internet.

Names to look for Sets from 1992-1994 are: Bassface Sascha, Groover Klein, DJ Tobi & Jonathan, Bleed & Triple R (with a stronger focus on Breakcore), E.Decay, X-Plorer, Numinus (Cologne/Köln), Jan Sirup, Shar-Pei (He posts a lot of Milk sets! https://www.mixcloud.com/Dj_Shar_Pei/) , Bassline Generation, Oliver von Felbert/Dagmar Da Mörderin (Cologne/Köln), State of Riot Crew in Munich.

A huge Event from 1993 was Euphoria at Dorian Gray in Frankfurt in May.

NTT was the main distributor of Breaks and Jungle from early as 1992.

https://www.discogs.com/label/215426-NTT-Medien-GmbH

If you want to know about Bassface Sascha's view on the UK invitation, you can listen to this podcast, where he tells a short story on how he came in contact with the UK guys.

Thanks for the info

On 2/12/2024 at 7:21 AM, JVXP said:

I know that there are a few recordings from XS and Milk! but i think most of them would've been uploaded already by Shar-Pei if they were plentiful. So good luck finding more. I've seen some smaller snippets on Soundcloud where people wanted ID's from unknown sets, but i'm not sure if they took it from their personal tapes or from mistagged sets on the internet.

Names to look for Sets from 1992-1994 are: Bassface Sascha, Groover Klein, DJ Tobi & Jonathan, Bleed & Triple R (with a stronger focus on Breakcore), E.Decay, X-Plorer, Numinus (Cologne/Köln), Jan Sirup, Shar-Pei (He posts a lot of Milk sets! https://www.mixcloud.com/Dj_Shar_Pei/) , Bassline Generation, Oliver von Felbert/Dagmar Da Mörderin (Cologne/Köln), State of Riot Crew in Munich.

It's a shame there aren't more. I've found a few DJ Tobi & Jonathan and Bassface Sascha sets from those years online so far, but not much else on youtube and mixcloud.