400 Blows - Champion Sound [CLIP]

MrMooncat

• 5 years later...

My question is, where did 400 Blows sample it from? I can't find any info on it, surely it's from an old ragga/ska/reggae etc track and or a line from a movie and I'm pretty sure it's not from Marked For Death either, can't ever remember hearing it from that?

Same goes for the" Badman" sample, I know that Dub II/Two use it in Bad Man but where did they sample it from?

Then you have the "Indian" sounding hymn/chant in reverse, surely Mr. Greenhalgh has let the cat out of the bag somewhere? :P

I don't produce music, I have a basic understanding of it and have tinkered around on things like FL, Reason, Ableton etc but never had the attention span to keep with it but I've always wondered how other producers other than Q-Project remixed this? If they never knew where the original samples came from, I assume they either were lent the original DAT or just sampled Q's samples and went from there anyway it's always intrigued me :)

• 2 years later...