organizing "My Collection" to show releases where you have more that 1 copy

geist

right now, if I go to a particular release, it lists if it is in "my collection", and if I do it tells me how many copies (1x, 2x etc).

But if I list my collection as one whole list, it just lists all the releases in order, and doesn't mention how many copies of each

It would be useful if people could organize their "my collection" list so that it displays by ranking things for which they have more than one copy first

The benefit would be something like this: suppose that one day I want to sell RIVET1217. Right now, I could go to the webpage entry for that particular release, see that I have a 2nd copy of it, and pull it off the shelf and put it on ebay.

But suppose I want to sell a bunch of records, but I don't know which ones I want to sell in particular: I just know that I want to sell of a bunch of my duplicate copies. In that case I don't know to go to each individual webpage entry for the releases for which I have "doubles". Instead, I want the "My collection" list in the database to put all the releases for which I have more than one copy at the top of the list. Then I can scan the top of this list, say to myself "huh I didn't realize I had doubles of this, and this", and then go to the shelves and pull off those doubles so I can sell them.

Basically the database currently lets me look up a particular release and see if I have a double copy, but it doesn't allow me to look up my collection as a whole to see where I have duplicate copies if I don't remember.

Besides this, are there other possibilities for flexibly organizing "my collection"? I mean currently, if I look up a label in the database, with one click I can organize it by year, or by format, etc. It would be awesome if I could go to the "My Collection" list and generate a quick visual answer to things like "okaaay, but how many LP's do I have", or "do I have more tracks from 1999 or 2000". But this kind of stuff is more trivial/amusing - a real practically useful change would be the ability to organize the "my collection" to reflect where you have doubles.

My Collection / Wishlist is going to get a complete overhaul and will become vastly more functional. Unless I'm mistaken, this is nearing completion. I'm not sure whether your suggestion has been considered before, but expect very cool things from this part of the site soon :smile:

My Collection / Wishlist is going to get a complete overhaul and will become vastly more functional. Unless I'm mistaken, this is nearing completion. I'm not sure whether your suggestion has been considered before, but expect very cool things from this part of the site soon :smile:

ok, cool. rdb just keeps getting better!

Looking forward to that then!