3 from 94/95

Dara

Hmmmm. Thanks for that, but that's not actually it. It is very similar but the bassline and the beats are different. Also the keys in the intro are different. These clips are ripped from tapes of mine that I either hadn't or had only partially tracklisted. That particular track was from a tape that I made a printed cover for but only with track titles. That tune is listed as being called "Music". Also, I never owned that DJ Redoo tune. I'll post a longer clip with another raggaish spoken word vocal in it.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-dara/musiclongerclip

Good man JJ. Bassline Generation! that would explain it's similarity to the DJ Redoo tune. Them Yermans must have been sharing samples :)

That Smokin' Drums label is fullup with tunes that sound suspiciously similar to other, bigger tunes. If memory serves, the first release sounds EXACTLY like Music Box :rolleyes:

Yeah, always suspected that too. I live in the area where the Smokin' Drum Label was set up (Frankfurt and Mannheim) and it seemed that those guys just swapped samples with UK artists as Jungle went absolutely BIG in Germany around 94/95. When I started going out to raves there it wasn't as big as in that time but still to this day there are huge raves with big names (I remember that it looked like Andy C was there every month! Really!!!)

And I know that Bassface Sascha flew to London regularly from 1992 onwards, so i think his connections were pretty good and sample swapping was very common. Many tunes sounded suspiciously like a tunes made from Formation tunes to me. (+ a lot more)

Bassline Generation are still active as a DJ Team/Live Act here, but i think they never did more than back in 95/96.

[Keep in mind, this is just what i think is happening in those tunes, i know a few people on the forum have direct connections to them.]