Couple of unreleased No U-Turn tunes...

theorie

Not perhaps Trace's Coffee on Lucky Spin??? (Don't have my copy at hand, so I can't listen to it right now).

Could it be you also wanted to insert a different link for the audio clips??? As in a link with actual audio bits :wink:

Whoops a daisy!

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servl...o?Track=NUTCD02

Not too bothered about the Coffee track anyway, but Whales is wicked :)

Just listened to the clips and Coffee does seem to be related to the Trace release on Lucky Spin. Same vocals (Too black, too strong). But haven't been able to check if it's one of the versions from the vinyl or an unreleased mix.

But I can't help you with the Whales track...

• 4 weeks later...

AFAIK, 'Whales' is in fact a track called 'Jazz Primitives', which was the b-side to 'Lost Entity Remix' on Lucky Spin (95, I think).

I asked Trace about it many years ago when we first had Nico & Ed Rush over to Bassbin in Dublin (Trace met them at the airport and tagged along for the ride - soldier!) and Nico had never heard of it... plus Trace himself didn't even have a copy!

It's got these whale samples off some free flexi-disc (a mate of mine actually picked up that same flexi-disc in some other 2nd hand shop), badboy jazz breaks and some hiphop gangsta vocal menace - dark dark dark as fuck, and not a hoover or mentasm or tramen in sight! very very under-rated - totally slipped by the Jungle radar, and way ahead of its time....... Pete Parsons gotta get plenty of credit for this one too though, methinks!

Cheers for the site by the way, keep up the good work!!

Unsigned-in NAPHTA

AFAIK, 'Whales' is in fact a track called 'Jazz Primitives', which was the b-side to 'Lost Entity Remix' on Lucky Spin (95, I think).  

I asked Trace about it many years ago when we first had Nico & Ed Rush over to Bassbin in Dublin (Trace met them at the airport and tagged along for the ride - soldier!) and Nico had never heard of it... plus Trace himself didn't even have a copy!

It's got these whale samples off some free flexi-disc (a mate of mine actually picked up that same flexi-disc in some other 2nd hand shop), badboy jazz breaks and some hiphop gangsta vocal menace - dark dark dark as fuck, and not a hoover or mentasm or tramen in sight! very very under-rated - totally slipped by the Jungle radar, and way ahead of its time....... Pete Parsons gotta get plenty of credit for this one too though, methinks!

Cheers for the site by the way, keep up the good work!!

Unsigned-in NAPHTA

Wicked work, gonna try and pick that up.

Nice one, BAAAAD tune!

Theorie