Various Artists - The Best Of Desert Storm: Live J

Ornette

Do you have any of these sets avalable?

I'll upload some of the sets from the Desert Storm events soon.

Intriguing flyer! That tallies with the note that's on the back of the lp and video, i see:

"Desert Storm is a jungle rave promotions company that is a subsidary to a major rave production company established 1988"

I guess that explains the Carl De Junglist connection then, with some of the other albums. Do you think the "Rock Me Tonight" dub might be one of his? It has a bit of a 'biology' feel to it, along the lines of this BIO785. I seem to remember someone on the ragga-jungle.com site once speculating the Dreadie release might be one of his, unfortunately that site's long gone now though

Noticed also there's an address for Desert Storm given at the end [45:30] of that video... for Evelyn Street, Deptford! That's just up the road from me!! Had no idea all this time they were based on my ends

I wonder if Carl De Junglist is still contactable?

He's on linkedin:

https://uk.linkedin....thomas-06b75668

It's worth asking him about it as the dubs of "Rock Me Tonight" which have surfaced so far had no artist information written on them. Dreadie was on the other side of one of the two dubs DJ Harmony had with the "Rock Me Tonight" tune as well.

I'll upload some of the sets from the Desert Storm events soon.

I've just had a look about and there's a few that's on mixcloud/youtube and elsewhere.

So far I've found "The Story So Far" (The Lick 26/02/94, Roller Express), "Back By Public Demand" (02/07/94, Roller Express), and "Best Of Bagleys" (12/08/94 & 21/10/94)

Should I start some threads for them?