SOLVED: Intelligent/Jazzy Tune ID from 1995-ish

stenny

I've been racking my brains trying to ID a tune from around 1995, I think. Unfortunately I don't have an actual clip of the tune available, I'm just going from memory when I heard it on a pirate radio station.

From what I can remember it's quite a mellow tune and uses either the Humpty Dump or Kool Is Back break and a flute sample as used in Roni Size - Jazz.

Below is a clip of the flute sample from the Roni Size tune, maybe it will jog some memories?

Any help much appreciated, cheers.

flute.mp3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Bumping this topic up again from a few years back.

Can't believe I heard it nearly 15 years ago and still haven't found it yet. I actually had the tune recorded on a tape from the radio but foolishly threw all my tapes away in a massive clear out - yeah I'm still kicking myself about that!

It's all about that flute sample, attached in the first post. If somebody can recognise that from a tune from the '95 era then that's probably the one I'm searching for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i think it is a hyper on experience tune from moving shadow storm from the east 1 or 2

Hyper On Experience - East Coast Vibes

Hyper On Experience - Reed Breeze

amazing tunes anyway, but i lost them :angry2:

I had a listen to those tunes on youtube and neither of them are the one I'm looking for. Good tunes though! Thanks for trying.

• 8 months later...

*BUMP*

Bumping this one AGAIN as i still haven't found it after all these years.... that flute sample is pretty recognisable but I reckon the tune must be on a more obscure label?

This is the only tune I have stuck in my memory from 15 years ago that's left for me to find. I *MUST* find this tune, hehe.

Hidden Agenda - The Flute Tune?

Great tune but that's not the one. I think it must be on one of the smaller labels of the time. I've covered all the main labels over the years and haven't found it yet.

Aaaaaah this one is killing me! 15 years and I still can't ID it! The search continues.

• 3 months later...

Solved at last!!

Solo & Aura - Take Heed

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/mo_wax/mwex005/

I got the right flute sample, the break was wrong though; It used "Do The Do" rather than "Humpty Dump".

Thanks to dmt for starting this topic: http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?/topic/55368-track-id-time-is-running-out/ and thanks to jj for IDing the tune.