RDB Radio?

Faulk7

Dunno if the idea has already been mentioned, but how about RDB radio that plays random dnb tunes? You could make time slots/days where different types of dnb subgenres are played [like liquid tuesdays, or ragga sundays..etc]. I would be beneficial because I am always looking for dnb shows that only play singles, so I can accumulate my music list with new artists I dont know about.

if not, cool, just a suggestion!

-F

Certainly an interesting idea!

I think we'd have to look into licencing and legal issues over that one if we were to play full length tracks on here. We're definitely going to be moving forward on having sound clips on the site very soon but doing anything longer than a minute or so might have some severe legal issues and would also mean more money had to be invested in bandwidth costs.

We'll certainly have a think about it, though. There could well be some sort of feature that could come out of this suggestion once we start introducing more multimedia content on the site

• 1 month later...

Sounds a bit like what Last.fm is doing. There, you can create a dynamic music station for yourself, in order to discover new music. All the tracks have been uploaded by the artists/labels themselves for promotional purposes, and they are being kept happy by the fact that you can neither directly choose what tracks are being played (only the general style by using some tags and artists as reference), and the tracks can only be streamed, not downloaded.

I would find something like that on rdb to be interesting, but I guess the samples should have a higher priority now. :smile: