Two Tunes from Kenny Ken's Jungle Sound Clash Mix (1994)

Joram

The first tune would be @ 04:00 which i need to have ID'd. I recently heard Adam F playing a relick of this tune, thats why i need to know the original name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2AKtj3MxVM

The second tune puzzles me since quite a bit. Starts @ 05:00. Vocal sample is taken from Burning Spear -Marcus Say Jah No Dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh-poAD603E

anyone?

thx

That tune at 4:00 is bad! Never heard it before. Sounds like it has to be an X-Project thing. Samples a big chunk of Shabba Ranks - Respect and some other tune, sounds like Courtney Melody?

Did the Adam F tune have both those samples, or just the Shabba one? (Several other old jungle tunes sample it too)

The second tune is yet another one I've never heard before, again sounds like an X-Project dub. (Also sounds like it samples that Addies dubplate "Rule all territory")

That tune at 4:00 is bad! Never heard it before. Sounds like it has to be an X-Project thing. Samples a big chunk of Shabba Ranks - Respect and some other tune, sounds like Courtney Melody?

Did the Adam F tune have both those samples, or just the Shabba one? (Several other old jungle tunes sample it too)

Yeah it is bad and sounds like X-Project/Congo Natty/Rebel... Could be a special dub for this event only. The Adam F tune features only the Shabba sample, and some different ones which are not in the original tune. I'll upload some video/audio soon.

The second tune is yet another one I've never heard before, again sounds like an X-Project dub. (Also sounds like it samples that Addies dubplate "Rule all territory")

This is gonna be a tough one.

Thx for knowledge ;)

Ram

I'm on the case. Have a link with Rebel MC so will see if we can get the track names for these. The second one sounds like it could possibly be the original version of Jah No Dead - http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/congo_natty_records/cnlp2/

Yep i thought of that. But i couldnt find a version of jah no dead which exactly sounds like that in the video. Thx for the support.

So what i thought would be some kind of relick turns out to be Warning - Leviticus feat. Junior Tucker mixed with another tune. My bad, but mystery solved... :rolleyes:

Still it would be interesting to find out if the tunes in the first post have names even if they're unreachable dubs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...