house of pain squeek debate video

H_M_M

It could quite conceivably be either, they're bizarrely similar. You can, however, hear that little extra noise that's in the Jnr Walker tune in the House of Pain one so I'm leaning towards that one being the correct source. Without finding out all the other samples in the tunes and seeing whether that noise is in those then it's very hard to say.

Also, in terms of clearing samples (which they would have had to do) the Prince one would have been a lot more expensive and difficult to clear. I don't know if this would have been a factor in the production of the tune but I find it more likely that Muggs would have sampled something a little lesser known than a huge Prince tune from the year before.

My ears are telling me it's from the Jnr Walker tune.

EDIT: Heh, it could well be from the Prince tune! I just sampled his scream and if you pitch the tail end of his scream up by about a semitone, it sounds pretty close to what they used in Jump Around. The Jnr Walker sample (on the youtube clip) isn't clean, like the Prince sample is, as it has a snare drum mixed in with it. Unless the original vinyl has hard panned left and right stereo sound, it may be clean too. I'm undecided now!

I had a fiddle with the samples (tough without clean versions), and am also leaning towards the Jnr Walker version as i think it sits nicer over the House of pain track. Divine Styler used the same sample in "ain't sayin' nothin'" and i'm pretty sure they had some links via Syndicate records and Ice-T. So could be a little sample sharing..? Could be complete rubbish though!