Gwange - Vinyl Paradise/New Creation (The Alliance remixes)

jj

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Just for all those who don't know, these two DJ Gwange remixes are actually being released!

SLRV009 - CODE0001 & Alliance Remixes - pre-orders open now!

http://backtotheoldskool.co.uk/forum/viewt...14&t=108699

Sublogic Recordings is doing a pressing with this and the two best tracks from that CODE0001 12" "Lively Connection" & "Sinister Connection" http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/code_001/code0001/ which should make this a very popular release.

This 12" only needs a few more pre-orders in before it goes to press - but when it does it will be surely winging its way out to everyone before long!

Get your orders in!

Is it just me or is this a bit of a 'double edged sword'. Its good that these and other unreleased tracks are finally being released recently.

But i own a dubplate of New Creation Alliance Remix and now its being released it will detract from the exclusivity and the value of it. People pay alot of money for dubplates these days, and for the tracks to be suddenly released after 15 years can be a bit of a bummer! I wonder how many more of the unreleased dubplates i own are going to be released in the near future?

Hope i dont sound like a killjoy! Its good that other people can now hear and own these tunes, its just a bummer for the original dubplate owners.

Peace

:wink:

With Ornette on this... there's probably less than a handful of plates of some tunes that even play at all, and I'd rather them get some sort of appearance on vinyl or a comp than gathering dust (like mine do) or damp. And we're talking 15 years old in some cases.

They'll always be those that want to seek out and collect plates, and happy to pay $ for them in some cases.

Over the years I've ripped and made available most of my dubs to various people and forums, although despite having stuff from Headz, Reinforced, etc. I've yet to stumble upon anything that's unreleased - closest I've come is a Bukem plate of Dolphin Tune which also has a Bukem intro cut on it too, but it's the same mix that appeared on GLR.

It's good these tunes make it out in the end. I have stuff that never came out on plate and, while it's perhaps a shame that you're then no longer one of the few people with it, it's hardly a big deal and means that the producers are getting good tracks out there and finally getting some cash for 'em!

It's criminal that some of these never saw the light of day...great to finally be able to get your hands on them

Never saw the point in collecting dubs, by the way. I wouldn't even pay over a tenner for one with something unreleased on it!

They do smell lovely, though :wub:

Free the music, imo

Your dubplate is still gonna have value, to those who care about & collect such things. Remember, people who collect dubplates are not doing it to play them!

I would, as I only have my ten inch's left of my collection.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...