MC Duke - I'm Riffin' [CLIP]

Phokus

Break name: I'm Riffin'

Artist: MC Duke

Track name: I'm Riffin' (Smokin' Beats)

Original release: 12", MC Duke - I'm Riffin' (English Rasta)

Label: Music of Life

Cat number: NOTE25

Year: 1989

Example: Blame - Music Takes You (2 Bad Mice RMX)

Clip: http://www.rolldabeats.com/audio/breaks/mc_duke-im_riffin.mp3

spotted this one in Logic's link to the http://xeon4.xeonserver.net/~bbww/samples/breakspack/ as well... was thinking of writing a bio for MC Duke...

Jump Up Crew - Come Again (Labello Blanco, 1993)

Progression - On A Rubbish Tip (Ruff Tuff Wicked Stuff, 1992)

i think it may be same break for

Hyper-On Experience - Lords Of The NUll Lines (Foul Play Remix)

but haven't checked just yet

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

"I created the drums on 'I'm Riffin' just using a bunch of samples from my collection, sorry I cannot remember exactly where each one came from but they are individual samples then played in my sequence with my scratch and a roll. I remember the tambourine sample is more than one beat and on reflection now I would probably make it a swing beat sequence instead."

- Simon Harris

:ok:

Good stuff!

Don't think it is much more than a re-sequenced "Funky Drummer" - although no doubt Simon Harris beefed it up wtih other hits and samples

... i dont recognize the funky drummer in there i do believe it was build up from scratch. Best breakbeat ever if you ask me. Btw the drumroll is taken from The Headhunters - God Make Me Funky

• 1 year later...

thanx for break)

why did ask for this one? i found the information on discogs.com that some sample from MC Duke – I'm Riffin' is taken for The Prodigy - "Everybody In The Place (155 And Rising)" (Experience, 1992)

but the vocals are taken from "music of life - hustler convention" live LP ant the break is not the same as in MC Duke – I'm Riffin' (or i'm mistaken?).

so, is this information correct? (for example, it's also said that "Jericho" samples 'Doomsday Of Rap' by Hijack, but the vocal sample is taken from 'Badman Is Robbin''). :smile:

thanx for break)

why did ask for this one? i found the information on discogs.com that some sample from MC Duke ? I'm Riffin' is taken for The Prodigy - "Everybody In The Place (155 And Rising)" (Experience, 1992)

but the vocals are taken from "music of life - hustler convention" live LP ant the break is not the same as in MC Duke ? I'm Riffin' (or i'm mistaken?).

so, is this information correct? (for example, it's also said that "Jericho" samples 'Doomsday Of Rap' by Hijack, but the vocal sample is taken from 'Badman Is Robbin''). :smile:

i've got the original and the 1990 remix of i'm riffin' and i can't hear anything from either of them in the prodigy track. whoever made that claim is way off.

on the subject of the break itself, i dont hear any funky drummer, but i think there's more than a little 'do this my way' in there. i'd say that makes it a 3rd generation beat??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...