TWO ON A TIP

A: FOLLOW ME NOW

B1:JACK IT UP

B2:PULL THE TRIGGER

IR049

TWO ON A TIP

A: CLOSE TO YOU

B: EVERY TIME I SEE YOUR FACE

Not sure how correct the details are, especially for IR049 which discogs describes as being the "Pulp Fiction" one, one that I actually remember as being quite a big tune at the time in particular being bashed by DJ Hype if I remember correctly... It was the height of summer 1995!

Some more adds

IR056

MERLEEN

A: EVERY TIME I SEE YOUR FACE

B: KEEP AWAY

IR058

JR. DANGEROUS

A: CHECK THIS OUT

B: PULL THE TRIGGER

IR059

SHARON WILLIAMS A: WALK ON BY

SUPER NATURAL B: ONE MORE TIME

IR060

PAUL IBIZA

A:SOUL IN JUNGLE

B: HAVE NO FEAR

IR061

TWO ON A TIP

A: KILL SOUND

B1:GOOD BODY

B2:JUNGLE SPLASH

Absolutely no idea how accurate these are

What the hell, Ibiza releases go up to 61?? Are these confirmed vinyl releases??? Looks like some of the tunes from the Jungle Splash LP...

*insert shocked smiley*

IR049, mines a 3 tracker (one side WL, other side promo Ibiza label) with just the Pulp Fiction samples IIRC, so now there's a two tracker... I'm confused.

What the hell, Ibiza releases go up to 61?? Are these confirmed vinyl releases??? Looks like some of the tunes from the Jungle Splash LP

edited:

Ahh yeah you seem to be right there. it does seem unusual that some 1994 dated tracks should come out on ibiza after some 1996 releases...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/ibiza/ir043

Artist should be Two On A Tip. The label has got the artist name in brackets after the B side track details - the track "Fresh (Two On A Tip)" therefore should just be "Fresh".

Two On A Tip appears to be the correct format, not 2 On A Tip

i guess this applies to http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/jungle_splash/jsi002 as well!

• 3 months later...

Gonna have to bump this one. And this is the result of what happens when I'm sick as hell for 3 days. :( Let's see if I can make some sense of this.

The Ibiza Catalogue listed on the "Highly Blessed Downloads" section of the site seems to have a number of releases that I'm pretty positive never got released onto vinyl the way they are portrayed on the site, likewise, there's a number of actual vinyl Ibiza releases that don't seem to match up to that discography. For example, the one that we already talked about in this thread earlier, and I'm comparing the Highly Blessed releases to Ibiza Records releases that I actually have:

IR049 - TWO ON A TIP - A: CLOSE TO YOU / B: EVERY TIME I SEE YOUR FACE (From Highly Blessed discography)

IR049 - unknown artist - 3 tracker sampling "Pulp Fiction" (actual Ibiza 12" release)

Two totally different releases. Here's another example:

IR050 - TWO ON A TIP - A: EVERY DOG HAS IT'S DAY / B: EVERY DOG HAS IT'S DAY (REMIX) (from Highly Blessed discography)

IR050 - unknown artist (GT?) - two track Ibiza record promo, totally different from the proper release below (actual Ibiza 12" release)

IR050 - GT & Jay Cee - Every Dog Has It's Day / Smile (actual Ibiza 12" release)

Sort of similiar, but yet, completely different (and the promo IR050 doesn't help the cause). One more example:

IR052 - D. NATURAL - A: JUNGLE FUSION / B: RIVERS FROM HOME (from Highly Blessed discography)

IR52 - unknown artist - Mirror Mirror/21st Century (2 track white label 12" release, no 0 in etching catalogue number, needs to be updated in rdb)

Now these 3 releases alone confirm to me that somethings not adding up right. And I'd feel pretty comfortable (even though I don't own these releases personally) that this probably goes for IR051, IR053, IR054, and IR055, which I'm sure someone here can confirm. So where did this catalogue from Highly Blessed come from? It came from this release below, when you open up CD liner notes it's listed out neatly, identical to the Highly Blessed webpage.

Jungerlistic Gold Vol. 1

What's interesting about the discography listed in the liner notes for this release is it dates IR050 - IR061 as 1995 releases, but as we know (and proven above for those 3), this didn't actually happen and different tunes were instead released onto vinyl. Here's where it get's really confusing, at least to me. If this was supposedly the release schedule on vinyl, and this CD was released January 24th, 1996 (according to the back cover), how did everything get so mixed up? As already pointed out by Ornette, many of these later Ibiza releases from the Highly Blessed and Avex Trax discography were tunes that were already put out on the Junglism - Vol. 1 release in 1994! Basically, re-releasing many earlier tunes (and at least one tune I can't find at the moment, Original Lover by Junior Dangerous) as singles. Heck, IR057, which isn't even listed on Highly Blessed, was simply going to be a re-release of Let's Rave/Don't Stop by Potential Bad Boy according to the liner notes.

My suggestion for rdb: ditch this release IR049 unless someone can confirm it's actual existance on vinyl, and note that Ibiza releases IR056 through IR061 are MP3-only releases through Highly Blessed unless someone can provide proof that these exist on 12" (which in my honest opinion, they don't exist at all on vinyl).