Another suggestion for future improvement

Logic

Here's an idea to make this incredible site even better: a cookie-based personalized wish/wants list. As this site grows toward complete comprehensiveness, it's quickly becoming the absolute authority on the exact details of tunes out there. I think if the site had a way to create some sort of wants list, it would become useful on a completely different level.

So many times I've been trying to trade with or buy from individuals, and the first thing they ask is, "What's on your wants list?" It's incredibly difficult to amass one of these lists, and even more difficult to convey to the potential seller the precise details of the records you want. If I could just browse through the site and add tunes I like to a personalized wants list (think of it like a permanent shopping cart for each user - maybe make it a function of registered forum users and associate the data with the cookies for the forum), I could then link anybody to my own personal wants list, where they could get the exact catalog numbers, artists, release years, etc. of the things I'm after. A simple button could be added to the site's record details template to add it to the wishlist.

I know it's probably a lot of server-side work and not in the cards for the near future, but I think it could be simply brilliant if implemented properly. I can think of a lot of guys who would love it. Lemme know what you guys think.

:D :D :D

not a bad idea but besides considering the work needed to modify the site - do you think people would want to deal with the trouble concerning shipping to international destinations ? Within a country [a la UK or US]

it's easier but maybe someone would tell me one day that "man, you

won't get that MET001 because I will not bother!"

or am I seeing ghosts were aren' any :?:

not a bad idea but besides considering the work needed to modify the site - do you think people would want to deal with the trouble concerning shipping to international destinations ? Within a country [a la UK or US]it's easier but maybe someone would tell me one day that "man, you

won't get that MET001 because I will not bother!"

or am I seeing ghosts were aren' any :?:

Not sure I catch what you mean. I'm in the United States, and every single tune I own (save maybe 5) was delivered to me from the UK. I pay shipping, so why does the seller care where it goes?

Well anyway, the actual trading side of things should be left up to the individuals. Tarzan could certainly add a "trading post" section to his forumlist if he wanted, but my suggestion is merely limited to the implementation of the ability to create wishlists. What we do with 'em is up to us. :D