Watchlists?

acid2

I've recently moved to rolldabeats from discogs because I favour the interface, the quality of releases and naturally, it's all dnb based! But I find watchlists very useful for seeing if I missed a release and such. I'd like watchlists on artists and labels (what else can you watch o.O)

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Sorry, I didn't make it too clear :)

Basically, I like the artist XRS, for example. So I want to make sure I get all his releases and so on. Of course, there are other artists I like so constantly checking is a bit of a hassle. With a watchlist, everytime each of these artists have a release added, I can view these additions, and purchase the music if I need to.

Basically, when I go to my watchlist, I can view new additions in the last, 1-7 days, to my selected artists/labels. Does this clarify the idea?

And e-mail notification informing you when any matches are made?

Hadn't thought about that :) That'd certainly be a nice idea, probably best if we can send diggests at the end of each day/week showing an accumulation of releases? Don't want to come and see you've got 432 unread emails for your 20 subscribed labels after going on holiday :biggrin:

Edit: scrap that, what about RSS?

An interesting idea, I think it would be pretty good!

The only problem I envisage with this is for releases that are decided upon by a label well in advance but dont come out for ages. For example, look at the Vibez catalogue, there are about 8 forward releases but I don't think most of them are (realistically) coming out this year. Maybe it would be better if you got a notification upon its actual release date, rather than its addition to the database. Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...