The Skeleton Krew - Luv Ta Luv Ya [CLIP]

stenny

It seems like there are only a handful of people active anyway. I guess that's a good climate as you are not as moody like on DOA or DNBA, where it is a dickwaving contest on who wants to disgrace and humilate others or trying to get the most posts per hour...

From what i saw, people on here are actually pretty open and very friendly, even when disagreeing on certain topics. It's slow and not very populate, but i like it that way! :)

The best and most dedicated trainspotters are on RDB's anyway. Most people in the breaks section really know their stuff, that's what triggered myself as well. I like it how everone seems to be willing to spend hours of their time tracking down sample sources. We are probably the best breakbeat spotters in the world. :D

Incredible! I've been looking at this site for a year now and felt i had to join after this monument in break solving. Know the break from sub dub and always assumed it was an old rap break looped. What a great idea by the skeleton krew. The more odd little noises and hits in breaks the better. Cheers

Here's the other thread:

http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=57458

Skeleton really did do some of the most quality and inventive breakbeat lay downs. Its a shame they stopped after their last release, would have been interesting to see what they done during the 'return' of darkcore / tech step period of 1996

I remember I went to see Lady & The Tramp as a kid during its cinema rerelease in 1984. If HMV ever decide to reinstate their gift vouchers I'd pick up that dvd straight away!!

• 2 weeks later...

There's more!!!

Turns out that K-Rox (the engineer behind) Luv Ta Luv Ta made this as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH474ePTqRc

K-Rox - Skull and Bonus Breaks

^The unidentified Funky Drummer type sample is in there, almost clear (808 bass line underneath). Must be some clues in there!

• 10 months later...

That so called "unknown latin percussion loop" is ...... wait for it.... please try to take me seriously (this is a personal find and it FREAKED ME OUT!)....

Disney's Lady & The Tramp / We Are Siamese If You Please

(comes in around 13/14 seconds)

I have no idea how I just esuddenly just realised as I haven't watched Lady & The Tramp for 20 odd years. I'm expecting skepticism, but going back and forth between the Skeleton track and the Disney clip, it's pretty obvious (all the details of the Disney clip can be heard in Luv Ta Luv Ya). Also, I doubted it enough to not even bother checking for a few days... but then I remembered that the Skeleton Krew tune samples King Louis doing his Jungle VIP lyric on Disney's Jungle Book. A coincidence? I put it to you that the Skeleton Krew likely had a Disney compilation album and were looking for obscure / funny / jungle-related samples.

Well done Hattrixx...after 20 years someone has found the Siamese sample!

I was only talking to Fracture about this the other day as he asked me where the beats were from and I decided tell him.

I'm on Twitter if you lot are on there and want to follow @DJMonita1

Nice work!

Anthony, I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.

HMM, thanks for that and thank you for the support.

I think you may be pleased to know that there are 2 new 2014 versions floating about of Razors at the moment and hopefully another 2 're-works' will be completed shortly as Steve C and myself will be doing a new version. Hopefully they will be released around Easter time.

The full back catalogue, along with unreleased tracks should be available for digital download within the next 2 months.

I will keep you posted.

It was JJ that pointed me in this direction for RDB, so you have him to thank for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...