Orginal Playboy - Cool Summer Breeze

free4orm

He's looking for a sample ID for a loop used in the 2 d&b tracks he mentioned.

I don't think it's the same loop tbh. The bit in 'Vice' is a piano, the bit in 'Cool...' is a flute. Might still be from the same source though.

Anyway, The Original Playboy tune sample is apparently Norman Connors - You are my Starship: http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php...=norman+connors

I'm positive about the 2 line of strings coming from the same source, they're very much alike... and flute? You tell me how to arpeggiate a flute like that and I'lll be really impressed.

I never disagreed with you mate :laugh: , I said it may well come from the same place. OK, on closer inspection it's not a flute, you're quite right. Also now i've listened I don't think vice samples this.

It sounds like a Fender Rhodes drenched in FX, an acoustic piano underneath it, and synth strings.

The sound in 'Vice' is

-a piano run quickly down the chromatic scale with one hand (as I'm sure u know), which I can't hear in the Norman Connors tune, piano is just used as part of the texture in it. Also it sounds speeded up in Vice, so probably wasn't in that key originally anyway.

-And a horn stab, which definately ain't in it. Probably comes from a diff. source than the piano, Calibre is after all the master of taking snippets from various places and making them 'talk' to eachother as though they were intended to.

bad tune tho. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHmMOOCA8as

• 2 weeks later...