Dillnja dub to id

crugga

I'm amazed at how much Dillinja material there seems to be that just hasn't popped up before - that A side track is quite amusing!

But its the flip thats the real gem - infact here's a thread I posted on it some time back:

http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41351&st=0&p=63002&

I'm quite annoyed I didn't see this come up - but as you say its pretty grimey. I do hope someone has a better copies of this somewhere!

It just turned up in a joblot I bought, was out out of sleeve and caped in dust and grime, then underneath all that had a layer of that white stuff acetates seem to atract. To be fair i'm amazed it even plays through given what it looked like pre cleaning.

But yeah there is lots of unreleased Dillinja stuff out there, ive got a couple of more recent bits that never came out despite being played out on dub. I definately remember other tunes that were without a doubt him that I just never heard again. I do recognise the a side definately, most likely heard it out and went mental to it at some point only to never hear again.

Fusion side does play a little better although still not great, that just sounds noisey rather than knackered.

I wasn't able to update the post in the other thread - here is the link to the audio I have

Capone - Fusion (1996 Dubplate Version!!!!)

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/Capone%20-%20Fusion%20(1996%20Dubplate%20Version!!!!).mp3

We're talking about Feb/March 1996 for these tunes here. To be fair, the top side does seem something that Dillinja has just thrown together, where as Fusion I would say is the properly composed 'finalised' product

Though, the fact that he could let tunes like this just to be casually played on dub for a bit is staggering. I do remember there was an article from that period where Dillinja talks in it about knocking out a tune a day. Also there was a legendary Bryan Gee show Extreme has mentioned where he played nothing but unreleased Dillinja dubplates for 2 hours!

How did you/do you clean dubplates exactly? I'd never heard of that 'white stuff' you mention before, a brief look on the internet tells me its something known as palmitic acid deposits. Another thing I've seen is never to use alcohol