Who give NAMES for tracks?

Gilmir

original this is

A - Dj Dan - Highway

I saw many Russian D'n'B releases with wrong tracknames. Is so hard to type correct? Artists give names for track, and it is something...

By the way, on Discogs - 90% of Russian releases with wrong titles. Who need those database, if it is fake...

:?: :?: :?: :cry:

thank you very very much for the correct info. once again thank you so much. as you can see the database is already updated with the non-fake info. i hereby strongly encourage you to post all other fakes you can find so we can correct them all. once again thank you very much.

I saw many Russian D'n'B releases with wrong tracknames. Is so hard to type correct? Artists give names for track, and it is something...

By the way, on Discogs - 90% of Russian releases with wrong titles. Who need those database, if it is fake...  

:?:  :?:  :?:  :cry:

There can be many reasons of 'false' info. Some tracks have a different name as a promo than on the official release. Or somebody has just gotten wrong info from a release list. And naturally some people just plain can not read properly ;). People that supply the info, like myself, are doing their best to give the right information. But even with big releases there sometimes are discussions over what is the right listing (for example take a look at the Rampage/Smokey Joe-Godfather topic).

The more common a tune is, the more chance that the supplied info is correct or an error will be corrected fast. But outside the EU the chance of errors being unnoticed is greater since only a few know the records (and there's only a small group of people actively involved in this).

A better question would be why these records get named wrong. If the labels are in russian, it's most probably a translation problem. If they're in english it's probably people not reading properly (or just difficult to read, as some labels use undecryptable fonts... like Perspective...) or people who supply the info being like "and I thought the title was something like..." and not actually looking it up as most of us do (well, I do... I just hope the others do as well).

But as Tarzan already mentioned we welcome all help in making this the best possible resource on the net. And we prefer it if people actually give a correction instead of just complaining to themselves when they see another error.

A better question would be why these records get named wrong..
No. I just want ask, if the peoples rename tracks, why artists should create names - better take counter for release. (Artist - Track#1, Artist - Track#2... DJ Zinc - Trek 174 :lol:) And for this i've asked "WHO". (artist or someone). But your question is another problem.

If the labels are in russian, it's most probably a translation problem

No one on Discogs have translation (except me :wink: ) for names, so Russian artist DJ Groove they called as DJ Gruv (!), tracks and releases - the same way: album "Digits" called as "Tsifri", track "winter" called as "zima". Those, who speaks on english, can say what is it "zima" or "tsifri"? This is not translation - this is TRANSLIT of russian names. But who need translit? Those who don't know russian language? Or this is for russian peoples, which can read on russian without translit? This is shows that no one need translit instead of translation.

So artist (by self) named tracks on russian language and translate it for english. And i was shocked when saw, that someone give "hand-made" names for known tracks.

PS: If i find other wrong info for Russian releases (on this database) - i will send correct info. Thanks for response :!: (and sorry for my bad english :wink: )

No. I just want ask, if the peoples rename tracks, why artists should create names - better take counter for release.
We tend to stick with the names given by the artist. Releases with no known info have no tracks listed, like this dillinja release.

Errors like the ones you mention are obviously that someone sent in the info and because none of the other regulars know the artist/track/12"/CD/etc we're unable to correct it. So for that we're depending on people like you who wander on here and notice the error (and post a correction to the forum).

PS: If i find other wrong info for Russian releases (on this database) - i will send correct info

And if you have info that's not in the database at all... also feel free to post the info :!:

(and sorry for my bad english :wink: )

There's a whole lot of non-native english speakers on here... like Tarzan or myself! But your english is good enough ;)