5 ID's/questions

The_Manipulator

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ayil1

Andy C 96 & 97 (in zip with tracklisting)

Hmm... shall we stop posting everything twice??? (though for me it's easier as I'm moderated by the BBC...)

If there are other people reading this, please visit this thread on the BBC site...

I'll leave this in for now and in a few days just clean up this thread.

Oh, FiE/SS... the thank you is coming up in the 1xtra forum... (as soon as it's OKd by the mods...)

2. Tune 2 Get-No-Disc - Get-No-Dat, female 'Coming natural' vocal, male 'By the forces of nature I come with stylistic simplicity" (One In The Jungle, BBC Radio 1, 20 Sep 1996)

That tune is nice... no idea, but it sounds like she's possibly saying "Coming at you raw..." in the intro. Maybe that helps, maybe not. "Get no dis, get no dat... POW!" Whoo, hotness.

About the '1 In The Jungle' pilot series:

Was there only a couple of shows for that or was there more? And those were from 1995 huh? None from 1994?

I thought the L Double track might have been 'signal' on this: http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/streetbeats/sb008

This is also a track I'm looking to verify for my tracklistings.

========================

Re the pilot series: yes mate, there were more than 2 sets. The others were from Rap, Goldie, Gerald, Kenny Ken & Roni Size.

**Edit: I don't think Bukem played on the pilot series.

5. L Double - 1 in the Jungle - Nov 8, 1996. Slightly big clip at 3MB...

almost sounds like a mellower version of 'signal' ? http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/phat_trax/pt05

maybe too different, but does use the same sort of bass sounds aswell as the vocal. hmm, not sure.

That was one of the hopes I had, as Activate was played a lot around that time... but, though I haven't played it recently, I think they're quite different... Maybe dig out the vinyl or one of the TOV bootleggers CD's again...

Haven't been able to find Killer Motive yet...

Just checked the 'Killer Motive' & its not that either, totally different track - not sure it even has a 'signal' vocal in it.

& yes, not the Phat Trax tune at all, i mentioned it as it does have the same kind of bass hits used in the L Double clip, but then again lots of tunes do!

• 1 year later...

The hype, ron, zinc soho live link doesnt work anymore. I would REALLY appreciate it if you could upload it again. Its my favourite mix on tape, but ive lost it! Thanks in advance. Si.