photek's tunes on prototype

thijs

I also found a webpage listing Prototypes discography, with a line next to PRO 013, saying that it was not released due to superstition.

Pretty standard, loads of labels do this

The way we have it listed on RDB I think it a little misleading. It suggests that there was a release planned for the 13th release. Obviously, this isn't the case and a lot of labels just don't put out a 13th release at all.

Guest Guest

So how much would someone pay for a test press of "One Nation" on Prototype.

As i know someone who has a copy and he would like to get it to a good home.

Infact he has quite a few unreleased bits....

Any label you see that hasn't got a 13th release will be done so out of superstition not because of there being unreleased tracks.

I spoke to Thijs about changing how this is listed a while back but I think we never got round to actually changing it

Guest monkfish
whooah ! i have them on cd but still cant be tempted to give em out. though cant tell you how HARD it was to get a certan someone to do it 4 me. and one of you says you have it or will be getting it, RARE but even if i had the chance i prob wount buy it as i dont want it that much :blink:

Guest Guest
whooah ! i have them on cd but still cant be tempted to give em out. though cant tell you how HARD it was to get a certan someone to do it 4 me. and one of you says you have it or will be getting it, RARE but even if i had the chance i prob wount buy it as i dont want it that much :blink:

I lie its one nation/say it im not fussed about ,prototype 3 i would not mind having as i dont have that on cd yet and know those two tunes WELL

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

who's gonna bootleg a shitty 128 mp3? -come on and fix up, let it out, it's history and no one's going to even know about it, the history of dnb when it's finally written won't say "one nation" was a great tune, it'll say "bodyrock" was...

:angry2:

Yeah, those tunes might not be classics; god knows they would have come out if they were amazing. But, by virtue of their rarity, they are very much sought after and generate a lot of interest. The way I see it anyone who has put the time and effort into locating a copy finds their reward in the jealousy of those who demand a rip! If I had a copy I?d be damned if I were going to undermine all I?d been through to find it by dishing it out for free (music isn?t free!!!). If you want it: GO FISH!

Guest Guest

just recently someone was kind enough to give me full length 128s of two long out of print photek tunes so i could finally hear them for the first time... do you think i'm bootlegging the sons of bitches? fuck no.

...but, because the world is run by greedy assholes i'm not gonna hear this tune and it just makes me wanna go shout "fuck drum and bass" -i'm pretty much almost completely out of it due to the prevailing attitudes in the scene.

If you are suggesting that by me not giving you an mp3 of a tune I own that I am a "greedy asshole" then I will kindly tell you to go fuck yourself

I'm fed up of all this bullshit over one stupid tune

• 1 year later...

If I may: how about a couple of low quality clips of some Photek on Prototype then... just excerpts from these tunes..?

Can't really think how anyone could lose from that.. I had a recording of one on that Fantazia tape pack with Rider, Rap and Bukem but lost the damn thing years ago.... would appreciate a little refresher!

Lo-quality clips ain't gonna hurt no one and will just make the coveters covet all the more :smile:

BTW, great resource this, may I just add once again :wink:

• 3 months later...
The reason people "guard" them is because these are extremely sought after tunes (some of the highest-profile unreleased stuff from back then), and fortunately they've never been bootlegged.

If people go posting full mp3s, you can bet your ass that IMO and HTFR will be peddling bootlegs next week. :glare:

ain't that some shit.... I bought a system x record from HTFR years ago....white label and full release.