RIVET 1207, RIVET 124, RIVET 169, RIVET 170 do they exist?

geist

I have what I think is a promo of RIVET1207. There's no writing and the etching is not a reinforced etching... but the tracks coincide with what should be the release. Was this promo only, and (more specifically) since reinforced was just starting out, was this printed someplace else (possibly with a different etching) for some reason?

As far as RIVET 124 and 169. Discogs doesn't even list them, and I haven't seen a copy of either despite searching ebay on a somewhat regular basis (about weekly) for years. Were these perhaps intended parts of the reinforced release schedule that never came to light (like some of those much later releases as they approached 200: 194,198, 199,200)??

As for RIVET 170, in theory it should be easy to get. Not a "hot" release. Yet i just don't see it anywhere.

Any thoughtful + informed answers would be much appreciated. I'm also looking to buy any of these, btw

Right now for reinforced I'm missing:

1231R

1240R

if anyone's selling, let me know

you are correct about the dummy releases. was something i used to do in the past, which seemed to make sense at the time, but i have to admit it would have been better otherwise. been cleaning out a lot of them lately. please do post the ones which are suspected not to exists so other people on the forum can have a check as well. if we all argee i'll start removing them.

I have what I think is a promo of RIVET1207. There's no writing and the etching is not a reinforced etching... but the tracks coincide with what should be the release. Was this promo only, and (more specifically) since reinforced was just starting out, was this printed someplace else (possibly with a different etching) for some reason?

i have a copy of this, white label both sides also. Just had a look & my copy does have an etching : "RIVET1207"

3 tracks, with the 'damont' etch aswell.

not listed on reinforced website

1231R

listed on reinforced website

1240R

not listed on reinforced website

nookie - pot belly - don't have it, but have seen copies of it.

immortal mindz - will check with zinga to see if it came out.

will check with alpha omega, pretty sure it came out.

the reinforced website lists rivet124 as being promo only, by Force of One.

rivet169 (New York Skies, by Special Touch) - pretty sure this never came out, will check with Alpha Omega.

horns of jericho/realism vip - again, will check with AO. thought i had it, but don't seem to have added it to my collection, but it could be in the crates and my parents' house.

you are correct about the dummy releases. was something i used to do in the past, which seemed to make sense at the time, but i have to admit it would have been better otherwise. been cleaning out a lot of them lately. please do post the ones which are suspected not to exists so other people on the forum can have a check as well. if we all argee i'll start removing them.

Should we start a new "Dummy Releases" post to collect all that need removing?

I've edited my intial post there...

"Remains unreleased" - should they be removed, if they're confirmed as never coming out?

If the releases are from high profile artists, maybe we should move the tracks to the "Unreleased" label and then delete the ghost/dummy release?

whaddya think?

the reinforced website lists rivet124 as being promo only, by Force of One.

I got 105 and 124 (promo), so they both exist. (not selling them btw.. both pretty great.. especially 105)

Does exist.

rivet169 (New York Skies, by Special Touch) - pretty sure this never came out, will check with Alpha Omega.

Never released

horns of jericho/realism vip - again, will check with AO. thought i had it, but don't seem to have added it to my collection, but it could be in the crates and my parents' house.

Never released

169 and 170 should be changed to "doesn't exist" and greyed out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
There were some test presses of this, but were scrapped because of poor production/press. I beleive 10 TP's were out - I did have one once upon a time but it was awful.

Welcome to the forum - congrats on finally joining!!!!?!?