Enforcers 5

The_Manipulator

The things is that Decoy states at the top:

The 'everyones a gangster EP' did get released, it had a cat number of rivet 1252.

1251 was Enforcers.

Which would suggest it did get released...

Problem is that his statement is contradicted by the list he puts underneath...

one side of my promo has a reinforced label pressed into it like all reiforced releases have but the other has a metalheads sticker on it like the picture disc .

it could have some reason to do with who I got it off (BIG name dj) but cannot tell you who it is as I am in intense negotiation with him to get MANY other unreleased or different pressings of other tunes that never came out.

like the coloured vinyl promos of subplates or the test press of babylon by splash with a red label and its a ten inch pressed onto a 1 sided 12 , that kind of thing

Manipulator, got your email, messed up on this post, now you see how we get these typo errors in the first place.

forget this line about the 'everyones a gangster EP' getting released with a cat number of rivet 1252. 1251 was Enforcers......below is the correct information...all will be corrected on the new R site currently in BETA testing.

Rivet 1251 ENFORCERS 5 (Picture disk)

Rivet 1252 ENFORCERS 5 (black vinyl)

Rivet 1263 Primary Source 'Everyone a Gansta EP. promo only label, (pretty rare) tracks:

A1 All Of My Heart

A2 Smile (Remix)

B1 Simply Rollin'

B2 Doors & Stones

ps. the auto reply is on to give direct answers to the most faq's(frequestly asked questions).

thanks for the support, we're at release #200 shortly, not without it's pitfalls but something to be celebrated by a scene born out of kids in bedrooms making music....our thanks to the supporters over the years, especially those watching for close up details keeping us on our toes....peace to all R cru.

Okay, that's sorted now. We can leave the "Everyone's A Gangsta EP" label scan in there as #52 with a remark that it has not been released (or released in modified form as #63) and that the existing copies are actually "Enforcers 5", black vinyl versions with a sticker over it. Move the scan from Enforcers 5 (#51) to #52 and I'll try to do a photo of the picture disc.

The things is that Decoy states at the top:

Which would suggest it did get released...

Problem is that his statement is contradicted by the list he puts underneath...

This is crazy! I always wondered about that RIVET 1252 release (as stated on the insert on the Enforcers: Above The Law album). I mean, a 'promo' of a release all of 13 cat. numbers down the line? Highly unlikely.

But the thing was I never checked that this '1252' release has a different track listing to the '1263' release before... This is especially intreging because I was so overwhelmed by the first Smile E.P. - truely an excellent listening experience - a must own classic -, yet so underwhelmed by the Everyone's A Gansta E.P..

Really upset by that, actually. :(

But oh boy, maybe this other tracks will be the real deal. I wanna hear 'em. They gotta be somewhere.

Let's think a little about this. Obviously the vinyl was a mispress, which they then stuck some new labels on. Do you then - go through the hassle of making a new release schedule? Probably not. It will be old music by then as well. Give him a new release option, and give him some more time in the studio. Oops, he's overcooked the cake. What a shame.

That's my 2 cents, anyway....

I still wonder if there actually are white label presses for the "Everyone's A Gangsta EP". But what catalogue number??? It's supposed to be 1252, but the label states 1251!

Also, the tracklist differs... doesn't mean that the actual tracks differ! They could just have been renamed...

Rivet 1251 ENFORCERS 5 (Picture disk)

Rivet 1252 ENFORCERS 5 (black vinyl)

Rivet 1263 Primary Source 'Everyone a Gansta EP. promo only label, (pretty rare) tracks:

A1 All Of My Heart

A2 Smile (Remix)

B1 Simply Rollin'

B2 Doors & Stones

So to clarify, change the RDB tracklisting entry for RIVET1252 to match the Enforcers 5 entry, and add a comment saying this is a black vinyl version of Enforcers 5, and it has the incorrect labels on it, with picture of the incorrect labels?

So to clarify, change the RDB tracklisting entry for RIVET1252 to match the Enforcers 5 entry, and add a comment saying this is a black vinyl version of Enforcers 5, and it has the incorrect labels on it, with picture of the incorrect labels?

I want to keep an entry for RIVET1252 as "Everyone's A Gangsta EP", just because it's listed like that on the Reinforced site(!!!) and people will come here looking for it. But with a remark it is unreleased and though it has a label actually is Enforcers 5. With a separate entry for the Enforcers 5 black label as RIVET1252 as well.

I want to keep an entry for RIVET1252 as "Everyone's A Gangsta EP", just because it's listed like that on the Reinforced site(!!!) and people will come here looking for it. But with a remark it is unreleased and though it has a label actually is Enforcers 5. With a separate entry for the Enforcers 5 black label as RIVET1252 as well.

With other releases that have the wrong information printed on labels/sleeves, we've corrected the database entry to reflect the correct information, adding a note that we've corrected it, rather than leaving the incorrect information there.

And besides, you have to perform surgery to actually see the Primary Source labels, don't you?

And besides, you have to perform surgery to actually see the Primary Source labels, don't you?

No! I've bought one on E-bay which was unplayed (had spent years in a warehouse) that still had the original Primary Source label! Which would suggest they were already shipped when they found out, and not all copies were retrieved to be re-stickered!

I know it adds to the confusion, but as there definitely ARE copies with the original label, I think it should be listed as such in the database.

And that leaves the label scans of the picture disc:

http://www.yourupload.com/uploads/75662-Reinforced-RIVET1251-A.JPGhttp://www.yourupload.com/uploads/0f301-Reinforced-RIVET1251-AA.JPG

*EDIT* yeah right... label scans from a picture disc...

Edited by The_Manipulator

And I promised Thijs some pics of the black label version to clarify it for the database (will do some better ones when I think of it...)

http://www.yourupload.com/uploads/308c0-Reinforced-RIVET1252-Cover.JPGhttp://www.yourupload.com/uploads/96af2-Reinforced-RIVET1252-Record.JPG

And I promised Thijs some pics of the black label version to clarify it for the database (will do some better ones when I think of it...)

http://www.yourupload.com/uploads/308c0-Reinforced-RIVET1252-Cover.JPGhttp://www.yourupload.com/uploads/96af2-Reinforced-RIVET1252-Record.JPG

interesting, mine looks nothing like that and am very tempted to lift the label of and see if mine is white label underneath

• 3 weeks later...