Phokus

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where this is from? I've heard it used in plenty of older tunes.

I'm after a name so I can track down a better quality version.

Thanks

I don't know if it has a nick name, it's a classic rave breakbeat, I've uploaded the .wav http://www.caravan-soundsystem.org/jungle_wellfair_27_8.wav

got it from junglewellfair cd, I got a feeling it's a very much processed 'funky nausu part 2' break, but it probably isn't.

• 2 months later...

Please can somone ID this break (if it has a name) It sounds like a variation (or filters used or whatever) of the amen break, but I was wondering if it had a name and who the person was who 'created' it as its been used in a few different tunes.

Sorry for the audio, its not the cleanest of samples, but its the only sample i can find right now, you can hear the break and will recognise it if you know it.

http://media.putfile.com/boom-tish-break

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for the source of a certain think break... Dextrous, Marvellous Cain, Bizzy B and a lot of others used it quite a bit...

A couple examples...

Marvellous Cain - Hitman

Rus De Tox & Teebone - Selectors Roll

The kick at the beginning of the break is somehow fattened up. Almost like a sub bass in it... Does anyone know the actual source of this? It's obviously just part of the think breaks, but the kick is beefed up.

• 4 weeks later...

hi ya

i was forwarded to this section as i was told your the nuts on breakbeat id's

i've got this breakbeat off an old house tune i'm trying to find out the source of.....or a clean copy

i've done the beat on normal pitch & slow too...........

http://www.zshare.net/download/6542182a4c7634/

thanks for any help you can give :wink:

ez

elusive :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
wold love to know the break(s) used in Prodigy's Jericho

clip

^ i've slowed it down a bit

for ages i thought it was just a double layered apache break but it's not. where does that horn stab come from?

It is from the intro of Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Basement, on the Mecca & The Soul Brother album. It's a slightly bumpy cut up of an old funk break (which is on DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist's product placement mix - I'll look up the name if you're interested). Also sampled on the remix of Manix - Feel Real Good, and the original mix of DJ Taktix - The Way on Fokus Recs.

OK then - here's one for you - where is the breakbeat on the Prodigy's 'Firestarter' from? Always wondered and never managed to find the answer anywhere. The same break, in a slightly longer form, is also on a tune called 'Bus In (Strawberries)' on the Splice - Aspects of Dub EP on Parliament recs.