thijs

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been getting this error message:

Notice: Undefined index: 1449 in /usr/home/rdb/www/includes/functions.php on line 249

at the top of My Collection page for the past couple of days. Any clue as to what's causing it? Doesn't seem to cause any problems displaying My Collection.

I was thinking about the most efficent way to add items to an archive and came up with this:

The ability to view a list of all labels in the DB on one page as links to each label discography.

On each label page have check boxes next to each release and then have an Archive/Wishlist drop box for batch logging.

is that a possibility?

Any chance of being able to link to "my" collection externally without being logged in? I was trying a few things earlier, such as taking the value specified in my cookie for my UserID (which I guess is what it's indexed on) and trying to http get with some of those variables, didn't work though.

Would be handy if there was a link I could use to show people what I have who aren't members on the RDB forum - it's one of the first logical steps, I would've thought, right after adding the option to make your collection private or not.

PS - just donated, so I hope you'll take this suggestion from me a little more seriously than from most of you regular dirty forum lurkers ;) Cracking to see that development's still going on though, thought you guys deserved some new years beer money. :)

NOW GET ON WITH IT <whipcrack> :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Any way to link other users to your collection yet (ala discogs)? It's the only thing I can think of that's immediately missing from the featureset, I'm sure it's possible (your collection must be stored with your forum userid as a key), would be excellent if you could do rolldabeats.com/collection/c (my forum username as a query variable, with the URL being rewritten at the server-end just like it is for searches) - that'd be fantastic if that was implemented, and I eagerly await it :cool:

Aside from that, cracking stuff guys.

DAMNIT, I wasn't logged in. Delete the above post pls. (thanks ;))

adding that is easy, however adding something which can decide whether a user want his collection to be public is a bit more complicated.

Checkbox in user profile, Allow collection to be public?

Bit of PHP when the page is called, logic could be as such

if userid(allowspublic==true) then parse and display;

else print(This user does not wish to have their collection displayed publicly.)

PHP and SQL skills are... Quite rusty... Neither needed to nor indeed used them for over a year now, but surely it could be done something like that?

OMG this thread is getting huge, i suppose its because this is realy such an important thing for just about any dj i know..... i mean seriously the possibilities are endles.....

ok my 2p's worth

i think the issue of privacy is critical and you should be able to choose if you have your collection public or not. ive been robbed to and i cant think of anything more soul destroying..

the ability to export your collection to excell/access etc would be awsum, i can take a copy of my entire collection to the insurance company!!!!

the idea about mix tracklists is brilliant - absolute must, so much time to be saved there.

sorting / viewing by catagories would be realy nice too

ok done..

note: massive big ups to rdb - one of the best things to come out of the internet in a very long time :) also ive added about 100 tunes to the collection to aid with testing

• 4 weeks later...
Is it feasible to add the ability to attach a private comment to a release you have in your own collection?eg, I have albums that have been crap apart from one 12", and have thus got rid of all the other plates from the album. It would be nice to be able to add a comment for such things.

• 3 months later...
:laugh:

ok, ive just joined recently but ive been around the block a bit.

ive managed to list a bunch of tunes in my collection, but im not seeing that you are able to view anyone elses or is anyone else able to view mine?

i chose public, but dont see how it works.

also, since you didnt have an option to list a tune as promo or full release i was just adding my promos twice, figuring it would show the tune twice in the collection list, or show X2 next to it.

turns out, it doesnt do either.

so half the tunes on my list are promos but no one would or could know that, and there is no way for me to even know without going back through each link to see if i listed it tiwce or not...

any fix for this im missing?

i know i just asked several questions, but id love a few of them answered if at all possible.

ill be sure to make a donation to RDB once my loot situation improves a bit regardless of my getting answers, this site has been a big help! The search, the forum to clean up lingering questions, massive props to the RDB crew.

one last question.

is there no where on this site to share/trade/buy/sell/list tunes?

You can view your collection here..

www.rolldabeats.com/collection/2210 (2210 is your member number)

This will be changed so that we can use people's names in their collections at some point but we haven't got round to doing this yet.

Not sure about the duplicate listings. I had thought that it did display this but perhaps that's not been implemented yet either. We are going to have ways of listings promos as well as full releases, this is something that's in the pipeline for the future.

There's currently nowhere on the site to list tunes for sale/trade.

Many thanks for any contributions you can make. We rely on people donating to pay for things around the site (it's our only source of income). Anything that you can give would be hugely appreciated :smile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why is it that sometimes my collection appears highlighted in a search and other times it does not?

At the moment it will only show up in a 'label' search. Im not sure exactly why this is, something to do with the database i guess. To see your collection in all searches (especially artist) is something i would love to see aswell..

thijs?? :wink: